Monday, March 1, 2010

The countdown is on! One month to go...

Today is March 1st and things are getting really real. I've given notice at work, my position has been backfilled and I'm already transitioning my replacement. This past weekend I sold my car although, thankfully, I get to keep it through the end of March. The final walkthrough of my rental property is scheduled and the house has been listed, "for rent." People are already driving by, slowly, trying to determine if this is where they want to live. I hope they come back next weekend when I'm having a yard sale. I've rented a storage unit for those precious few items that I can't bring myself to part with. The airline ticket is purchased and my ride to Amicaloa Falls State Park, in Georgia, set.  It's official ... this is really happening. In exactly one month's time, April 1, 2010, I'll be on the Appalachian Trail.
Realizing one's dreams is a scary undertaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog...