Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Trails...

One of the hardest parts of my decision to head south was to leave my hiking companions, and friends, Big Ooh and Koopa. I wish them happy and safe trails as they finish their thru hike and thank them both for playing such a big role in making my hike fun, exciting and memorable. They were truly a prayer answered, arriving when I needed some friends on the trail. I'd hoped that we would cross the finish line together but it's not to be.

I truly admire and celebrate their dedication to the purity of thru hiking the Appalachian Trail. I've witnessed them (when tired, cold and sick) retrace their steps, when a side trail was used because of poor marking or part of the AT was accidentally missed, to ensure that they passed every blaze and walked every single step of the trail. Their efforts are more than admirable they're awesome. I'm honored to have hiked with them and proud to call the my friends.

Keep on Rollin Big Ooh & Koopa!


Yahtzee




Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog...