Monday, April 19, 2010

A Day In The Life (Part II)

When I'm walking there are four things that I hope I don't encounter ... craggy rocks, excessive roots, steep ups and steep downs. And you thought I was going to say snakes, bears, poison ivy and hillbillies. Nope, I dread my first picks most because the rocks and roots are very hard to walk on (resulting in sore feet and tripping). The steep ups are tiring and the steep downs are rough on the knees.

I hike with Leki trekking poles, which help, but not always. In fact this morning I took my first head first fall. If it weren't for the poles I most likely would have eaten it a dozen times by know. Roots suck. They'll jump right out of the ground and down you go. No worries though ... I'm fine.

So this is a photo of my lunch. It's certainly not the most tasty ... but it gets the job done. Energy food.

Well... I eat while walking so it's time to get back to it.

I'll write more later.

Yahtzee.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

1 comment:

Search This Blog...