Friday, April 16, 2010

On top of Albert Mountain ...

I slack packed out of Franklin, NC today and reached the summit of Albert Mountain in no time at all. Things are much easier with a six pound day pack on! The decision to slack pack this 8.2 miles will cost me time but I thought it was the safest way to accomplish this section since it actully involved some rock scrambling (climbing with your hands and feet).

I'm posting this from the summit since my phone can connect down to a tower.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Happy trails.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it also cost you money to slack pack? I'm taking Nixon and da Shelties to the dog beach then they get to grooming at noon! Hug hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just at your sister's this morning... I think slack packing was a good call on your part. Beautiful scenery! Take care. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of Friday, Yahtzee GAL !! I was not privy to the "term - Slack Packing", until I remembered you posted a list here for us to reference ! Came in handy today !

    Beautiful, Beautiful pics !
    Now, ONWARD ...... ~ Big Smiles !!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog...